Monday, March 15, 2010

Essay

We live in a world that has been changing from generation to generation. There are many differences in every generation of people. Some of them are good points, some are bad points. We have different thoughts, different ideas, and different values that our parents' generation. Therefore, we have to adapt with all those changes.


In my opinion, there are many differences between my generation and my parents' generation. Nowadays, technology is more developed. We have internet, cable TV, laptop, etc. With these technologies, we can learn many new things from all over the world. My generation is also more educated than my parents'. In my parents' generation, getting a master degree is not a must to get a job. Nowadays, we have to get a master dgree to have a good position in a company.


Moreover, we can also see the differences according to our choice to choose a place to live. Parents usually want to live in a quiet place. On the other hand, my generation prefer to live in the central of the city where everything is near. Another good point of my generation is we are more sophisticated than our parents'. There are many people in my parents' generation that don't know how to use the internet, text using cellphone, send email, etc.


Furthermore, every generation has its own negative sides. These are the negative sides of my generation. Since we have more facilities, like computers, cars, and TV, we become lazier. In my parents' generation, cars were very expensive and not everyone could afford it. Instead of it, they usually walked everywhere or rode bicycle which was healthies. With less facilities, they became hard working people.


In my parents' generation, their parents usually cooked at home. They seldom ate junk food. My generation usually eat outside which is not really healthy. The way we communicate with others is also different than our parents. Parents usually really care about courtesy and ethic. My generation also care about those things, but not as much as our parents. We are less concern about what others think of us than our parents. Moreover, we might be not closed enough to our relatives because we are busier and our house is far from theirs. Another negative side of my generation is we are more extravagant than our parents'.


In conclution, there are many differences in every generation of people, like my parents and me. Every generation has its own good and bad points. My parents' generation is more "outer" directed and my generation is more "inner" directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maybe you'll like

Related Posts with Thumbnails